Welcome To Bolands Of Wexford

Welcome To Bolands Of Wexford

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday:
09:00am – 17:30pm
Sunday: Closed

Covid 19 Update

We are very pleased to announce that from the 18th of May our showrooms are fully open for Sales and After Sales Servicing, operating under the strictest of safety measures as recommended by the HSE. This includes social distancing markers, minimum staffing, appropriate PPE and hand sanitation and a new range of online services.
Click here for full details.

KKeep safe and we are happy to welcome you back to our showrooms.

 

 

 

 

Bolands Waterford

Ferrybank, Wexford Town, Wexford.

Phone: 053 9180700

Email: finance@bolandcars.ie

Opening Hour

 
In 1923, Andrew Boland, General Merchant, Whitechurch New Ross, County Wexford expanded his existing business to include a motor hire service. He purchased one Ford model T Lorry, and one Ford model T car. This service provided the local economy with a badly needed boost in mechanized transport as newly Independent Ireland emerged from its Civil War. It proved to be an instant success and was widely availed of by both private and business customers. 
 
Routine maintenance was carried out at Whitechurch. In 1930 Andrew Boland added to his fleet when he purchased a new Ford model; a saloon car, fitted with a 14.9 H.P. engine, to be used as a Hackney car. The very first fare-paying passenger was Mrs. Tottenham of Killowen house, New Ross. Throughout the 1930’s Andrew Boland’s Hackney and motor hire services operated until the fuel starved years of the 1939-45 Emergency brought business throughout Ireland almost to a standstill. 
 
Business slowly returned to normal after 1945, and in 1948 Andrew Boland’s sons John and James commenced selling second-hand cars from the family premises at Whitechurch. In 1956 they opened a self-drive car hire business, with an office on the quay in Waterford to handle enquiries. In 1958 they secured a Morris sub-dealership which gave James and John access to the new car market. 
 
New and used car sales expanded, and in 1965 the Boland brothers opened a filling station in New Ross town. Within 12 months they secured a Ford dealership for this premises, allowing them to expand into commercial vehicle sales for the first time. During the late 1960’s and early 1970’s, very successful annual car auctions were held in the New Ross facility. 
 
At Bolands Wexford, we wish to promote and develop our business as the total motoring solution to our valued customers, by providing a professional service from all departments of our company, so that our customers see Boland Wexford as the first choice for their motoring needs.
 
Book a Test Drive
  • Bolands Wexford Hyundai

    Ferrybank, Ferrybank, Wexford

    Tel: 053 9180700

Top